Homemade Carrot Syrup
A great way to cure the flu and have a productive cough is to use this homemade carrot syrup with honey and lemon.
Carrots have expectorant and antioxidant properties that help fight colds and flu, including reducing cough symptoms by clearing your airways and relieving cough.
Let’s see how to prepare:
- 1 grated carrot
- 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of honey (only if it is for children over 1 year of age)
The method of preparation:
Rub the carrot or cut it into very thin slices, then put it on a plate and spread it with sugar. To enhance the effect, pour half a lemon and a tablespoon of honey over all the carrots.
The plate should be placed outside and allowed to rest for a few minutes when the carrots begin to extract their natural juice, ready to eat. It is recommended to take 2 tablespoons of this syrup per day, but it should be treated with caution, since it contains a lot of sugar, since it is contraindicated for people with diabetes
- How to make carrot syrup for coughs, flu and colds.
- The advantages of this carrot syrup
The ingredients in this carrot syrup are effective:
- Strengthens the immune system, rich in antioxidants and vitamin C;
- It eliminates mucus from the throat because it has an expectorant effect;
- Eliminate cough because it clears the throat;
- Fights the flu, colds, cinnamon, and cleans mucus from your nose, throat, and lungs.
- In addition, this syrup has a delicious taste for the palate and is also easily tolerated by children
It is a good time to take this syrup in the morning and after a meal, since the glycemic index does not grow very fast, which makes you hungry. Another important precaution is not to give this syrup with honey to children under one year of age, because there is a danger of botulism. In this case, simply remove the honey from the recipe, which also has the same effect.